Online Class Spotlight – 50 Barre with Sara
We have a weekly Barre class with Sara than can challenge you in ways you would never expect.
The Benefits of Barre
- Develop long, lean muscles.
- Sculpt a ballerina’s body.
- Improve balance and enhance flexibility.
- Reshape your body and lose weight.
While you may not achieve all of the above, here are five benefits to adding a barre class or two to your exercise routine.
- Anyone can do it: Everyone has different starting points, strengths and challenges. If you are worried about not having any ballet or dance training, rest assured that you don’t need it.
- Barre’s tiny movements can help you get stronger: Tiny motions, many reps, intentional squeezes and pulses (otherwise known as isometric contractions) are designed to fatigue muscles.
- You’ll improve your mind-body connection: The smaller movements in a barre class can bring about new levels of awareness to the body that you don’t get in other classes and workouts.
- It’s a full-body workout: You’ll find you are often doing two to four movements at a time — holding, pulsing, stretching, for example —in each move. Every class works with both the upper and lower body, as well as specific focus on the core.
- Barre is kind on the joints: Small, super-controlled movements with mostly body-weight-only exercises, are kind on your joints.
Join Sara for a different kind of workout. Our Barre class will make you realise that having a good workout doesn’t mean HIIT classes and burpees.